Sunday, June 12, 2016

Dev Blog #15: Announcing Star Fall!

Hi! I have returned once again to announce my current #1GAM game. This month's project is called Star Fall!


Check out the fancy logo!




Star Fall is a game about collecting falling stars from the night sky. You play as a bear with a net on a mission to catch the plummeting stars. You navigate around, left and right, trying to catch the stars as they fall. Smaller stars will give you points for catching them, but watch out for the big stars: you must catch them, or you will lose!


Gameplay-wise, Star Fall is inspired somewhat by older arcade/home console games like Joust or (to a lesser extent) Breakout. I'm making this game because I feel like my recent #1GAM games might be a bit too difficult, so I want this to be a more chilled out, somewhat relaxing game to play.

Also, I should mention, the artwork for this game is being done by a very special guest! My girlfriend, who goes by calmcalling online, will be making all the art and animations for Star Fall! She's waaaaaay better than me at art, so this game should be the best looking one I've put out ;) Check her out on deviantArt here.

That about does it, I suppose. I'll keep you filled in when something new comes up :) Until then, take it easy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment