Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Source Code Releases!

Hello once again everyone! I'm back for one more quick update, because I found the time to make those changes to some of my #1GAM games the I mentioned in my previous post. Specifically, I wanted to release all the games I made as free/open source software! Today I'm pleased to announce that I manged to update all the games that it was possible to do that on!

The games that I released as free software are my December 2015 #1GAM game Torso Ninja, my February 2016 #1GAM game Plitka, my March 2016 #1GAM game Keyro: Arena Lockdown, and my May 2016 #1GAM game Torso Ninja II! All those links will lead to GiHub repos that contain the source of the games. Grab copies for yourselves if you'd like!

On a secondary note, I want to discuss the reasons why I didn't release certain ones of my #1GAM games as free software. Here are the reasons by game as follows:

1. Cargo: January 2016 #1GAM game - This game was made with the Construct Classic engine, and though that engine is technically free software, I was not able to release Cargo as free software because I unfortunately lost all the data files in a hard drive crash this past summer.

2. SKRMSH: April 2016 #1GAM game - This game is already released into the public domain, and the source is already available here on my blog. The source code is in the format of an image file of course :)

3. Star Fall: June 2016 #1GAM game - Star Fall survived my hard drive crash, but the images included in the game were not made by me. I decided against releasing this game as free software for this reason.

4. RUNNERMAN: July 2016 #1GAM game - This game also did not survive my hard drive crash.

5. Chroma Road: August 2016 #1GAM game - This game was also lost to the hard drive crash. I probably am most disappointed by losing this one :(

6. Tic-Tac-25: September 2016 #1GAM game - This game was lost to the hard drive crash as well.

7. Annotated Rock Paper Scissors: October 2016 #1GAM game - This game is also already available in source code format. Check out this post for a download!

9. Corridor: November 2016 #1GAM game - This game is made with RPG Maker VX Ace, so I am not at liberty to release it as free software.

As you can see, most of these games were lost to a hard disk crash. This was actually a major impetus for my release of these games in source code format (along with my personal opinion that it is the right thing to do). Backup your data kids!

So that's about it! See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment