Saturday, July 9, 2016

One Hour Game Jam Complete, RUNNERMAN Released!

Hi, hello, how are ya? Well, I guess I'm doing fine. By the way, I completed the One Hour Game Jam today! Yep, that's right, I made a game from (pretty much) scratch in exactly an hour (I was racing the clock at the end!) and it is now playable online! Check it out below :)

 
Its beautiful! No, wait, the other one. Hideous.



This is RUNNERMAN, a very VERY simple and bare-bones game that I made using python and pygame today between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM. You can download and play it here. You start running by pressing the Right Cursor button, and jump while running by pressing the Up Cursor Button. The goal is simply to jump high. There's not much to it :P

The One Hour Game Jam was a lot of fun, but it was very challenging. It was my first game jam ever, so there's that as well! I liked it though, and even though I'm not exactly in love with what I was able to produce, I would definitely do it again! Next time, though, I'll use something that allows me to produce results faster. PICO-8 in particular looks interesting, and several One Hour Game Jam participants use it. Maybe I should give it a shot too :)

This game will serve as my #1GAM entry for July, and I'll get around to putting it on the site in a little bit.

That about does it for this week! If you play this bad boy, let me know how much you hate it in the comments! :D

So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment