Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dev Blog #3: A Lack of Productivity

Hello everyone, I'm back again for my weekly developer blog! This week I don't have very much to report. Progress on the Cargo has slowed somewhat, thanks in large part to the Spring semester beginning for me this past week. Classes eat up a lot of my time, and what's more, I actually have a job on-campus, which leaves me with still fewer free hours.

But enough with the excuses! Since you're here reading this, you must be chomping at the bit to hear more about Cargo, right? Of course you are! So let me get right into it!

As I said, limited progress has been made this week. One of the main successes I've had is implementing the upgrade screen. It currently is missing much of it's text, but at least it is displaying.


I find the rich purple hue to be nice and relaxing after a long
day of barreling down the highway.


Most of the text is not there yet.


The other main thing to show is the fact that cars now leave behind a wreckage sprite when they've been crashed. This comes as part of a large series of tweaks to car behavior. The random traffic you encounter on the road should seem significantly more intelligent than before, especially in the thru-lane.

 
A grizzly scene...



That about does it for the progress I've made this week. I've been kinda slacking, I know, but the good news is that next week should allow me quite a bit more time to get things done with the game. Hopefully by the next dev blog, I've have the police cars (an integral feature) implemented!

Fare thee well, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment