Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dev Blog #13: Getting There!

Hi, everybody! Believe it or not, I'm on time for a dev blog this week! Woo! I've gotten a good bit done on TN2 this past week, and I've even begun finalizing the bullet patterns that will appear in the actual game. Check it out!

The main thing I've completed this week is the HUD and the ability to drop smoke bombs. This is an integral new feature that allows you to become invincible for a few seconds and escape a dangerous situation. Take a look!

The HUD, complete with score, bombs, and lives.

A smoke bomb is used. You can't tell in this image, but Torso Ninja is blinking.

I've also completed a skeletal version of the main menu (allowing you to start the game, and not much else) and put in some of the first patterns. Here's the second set of screenshots:

Bare-bones title screen. I promise this is definitely not final!

Early pattern. I'm thinking the bullets might be a bit too small...

So there you have it! One on-time dev blog, for your consumption! I'm running out of time on Torso Ninja 2 at this point, but even if it doesn't look like I'm nearing completion (because I've saved the graphics for last), its coming along nicely. I'll continue to be on time for this month's #1GAM, I'm almost certain :)

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment