Monday, September 12, 2016

Dev Blog #21: Announcing Tic-Tac-25!

Hey! Erik here, back again to bring you an announcement! My #1GAM game for September has been chosen! Let me introduce you all to: Tic-Tac-25!


That's a lot!






Tic-Tac-25 is a simple re-imagining of Tic-Tac-Toe (Noughts and Crosses, to some) as a four-player game on a 25X25 board. Each player takes a turn putting their symbol in one of the empty squares. The first player to line up three either up/down, across, or diagonally, wins.

The symbols available are X's, O's, Triangles, and Squares (wonder where I came up with those, huh? ;P ). The big takeaway with the rules is that 3-in-a-row (not the 5-in-a-row that the board size might suggest) is needed to win. This keeps the game highly tactical, and helps minimize stalemates.

Tic-Tac-25 is a very simple game, and for good reason. I will be experimenting a lot with how I create this game. Primarily, my goal is to make it an HTML5 browser game that is also playable on mobile, and to implement up to 4-player local multiplayer. Wish me luck! :)

That about does it. I'll leave you with a few more screens, as a preview:






See you in a week, Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment