Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dev Blog #5: Announcing Plitka!

Hi everyone! This has been a pretty busy week for me, but I did manage to find time to squeeze in a bit of game dev, and I'm pleased to announce the fruit of my efforts and my third #1GAM game, Plitka!


Current logo of Plitka!




Plitka (плитка, roughly Russian for 'tile') is planned as a straightforward puzzle game in the vein of Tetris. Individual tiles (called plitkas) fall from the sky, in groups or alone. You, the player, will control them by moving them up, down, left, and right as they fall, trying to match up four or more when they "settle" at the bottom and become immovable. If four or more are matched, they are cleared and disappear. As time goes on, the rate of plitka spawns and the speed of falling increases. You score points for clears, and the game ends whenever the game board overfills at the top.


I'm making this game in Python, using the Pygame API. Some basic progress has been made already, and, hopefully, next week will be less busy and I can make some serious progress. The main design goals I have for Plitka are to be A.) smaller and easier to make than my previous game, Cargo, and B.) smoother to control than either of my previous games.

That about does it for this week folks! As always, any comments are welcome. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment