Sunday, February 21, 2016

Plitka Released!

Hellooooooooo, Internet! You may have noticed that I was a bit late with this week's dev blog, but that's just because development on my current game is already complete! Today, I'm excited to announce the release of my third #1GAM game, Plitka! You can play it for yourself on Game Jolt, as well as on Itch.io!





Game Jolt link: http://gamejolt.com/games/plitka/127947
Itch.io link: https://hellamagellan.itch.io/plitka

Plitka is a puzzling parade of color and strategy! In this game, you, the player, must manipulate your way through waves of plitkas (colorful, gem-like tiles) that fall from the sky and fill up your game board! Move the plitkas left, right, up, and down, and try to match four or more horizontally or vertically to clear them and score points! The plitkas will keep coming, slowly at first, but much faster as time goes on! Survive as long as possible and go for the high score!

This was an interesting game for me to make, and I put a LOT more effort into the resources (music and graphics, primarily) than I usually do. Plitka is a pretty simple and straightforward game, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out, both functionally and aesthetically. :) I made use of a font called Kremlin by Vic Fieger.

That about does it! :) I would love to hear any and all comments you all have regarding Plitka, my other games, or anything else, really. If you play Plitka, I hope you have some fun with it!

See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment