Sunday, February 14, 2016

Dev Blog #6: Plitka Powers

Hey, everyone! I'm back again, this time with a little bit of information regarding my upcoming #1GAM game, Plitka! I've completed most of the necessary artwork and implemented a lot of the basic gameplay already, so look for a release much sooner in the month than my previous #1GAM offerings.

There are five different colors of plitka available (blue, red, green, cyan, and yellow). You must match up four blocks of identical colors, either horizontally or vertically, to clear them, thus earning points and keeping you in the game. Here are a few select screenshots from the in-progress version:



Plitkas fall from the sky, and you manipulate them with your
highlight arrow.
 

You use the highlight arrow to move the plitkas left and right.
A second arrow for moving them up and down will be in the final version.

As you can see, it can get out of hand...


Plitka is actually based on a game that I made when I was younger (also called Plitka), with
much simpler gameplay. That game was one of the first I ever completed to the point of it being genuinely "playable." Unfortunately, the original Plitka was lost when my old laptop gave up the ghost. This new version is something of a tribute to that earlier idea of mine.

The rest of the game should come together pretty quickly. Keep a look out for the release!

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment