Sunday, February 28, 2016

No News is Good News... Right?

Hi all! How has life been treating you in the approximately seven days intervening between my last blog post? My week has been pretty relaxing, actually. Since my last #1GAM game, Plitka, was released a bit earlier in the month, I have actually had a few days to not think about making a game for the first time in several weeks. Weird.

Consequently, this week I don't have too much to report in the realm of game development. I committed myself to a weekly blog post, though, so here is: this week's post!

 
Hur hur



But seriously folks, how about an anecdote of advice you might be able to make some use of?

I learned something over the course of the release of my last two games, Plitka (available here and here) and Cargo (available here). Even though I feel like both of these games are superior in virtually every way to my first game, Torso Ninja (available here), neither of my two most recent games have achieved anywhere near the number of plays as my first game. Mostly, I think this is attributable to the more eye-grabbing title ("Torso Ninja" is kinda worth a double take). It just goes to show, even little, free games need some level of marketing in order to be played by any real audience.

I leave you now with a bit of information on my upcoming #1GAM game for March. Though it is currently still in a conceptual state, my plan is to make it a browser based game (I believe more people will be inclined to play it if they don't have to download it). Stay tuned for more info!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment