Sunday, March 6, 2016

Dev Blog #7: Workin' Title

Hey there! This week I have some cool stuff to share about the development of my next #1GAM game, but unfortunately, I don't have anything to show because none of the art is done yet! It's true, I don't even have a goofy, pixelated logo to show yet (entirely due to fact that the game currently has no name).

Instead, I'm going to try to explain the concept of this game with words only, at least for this week :)

My upcoming game is a browser-based game, made with javascript and HTML5. It has been a very long time since I worked with javascript, and I confess to being a complete novice when it comes to browser games. However, I believe I have a pretty decent design here.

In my next game, you, the player, control a hero who is trapped in a dungeon and trying to escape from an encroaching wall of spikes. You run forward through a maze-like structure of other spikes (think a vertically-scrolling Flappy Bird). Along the way, you must collect keys and to open up locked doors on some of the spike walls, to allow you to continue. The goal is to stay alive as long as you can, and try to escape the dungeon!

Next week I should have more in the way of visual evidence :) Keep tuning in often to stay posted!

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment