Sunday, April 3, 2016

Games on the Menu #1

Hello, internet people! This week, I thought I would try something different here on the ol' blog. Instead of talking about my #1GAM plans, I'm going to talk about what games I am actually currently playing myself! That's right, you get a glimpse into my wonderful and exciting game collection (read: Steam library)! Let's go!

The following are all games that I'm actively playing as of this week. I'm going to organize this in a listed format. All games are un-ranked and in no particular order. Under each entry, I'll spend a bit of time describing my feelings on the game and maybe reviewing it somewhat (note, I am certainly not a professional critic, just a guy who has played a lot of games. No representation is made that the quality of the game review presented is greater than the quality of the review presented by other reviewers ;P)

So, onward!



MOUNT & BLADE: WARBAND

I call them my "Hammer Bros."

Mount & Blade is one of my favorite game series of all time. I've invested a LOT of hours into Warband, and I'm pretty much always playing it in at least some capacity. I play it one-player only and don't care too much about actually being good at it (shocker, I'm terrible), but it's somehow the ultimate time-waster for me :) I never get bored with it.

 

 

 

CASTLE CLASH

The gang's all here.

This is the main game I play on mobile. I've played Castle Clash on my Android for a little over a year now, and I usually squeeze in a few minutes on it here and there each day. My main account is F2P and has about 36,000 might. I have PD, Cupid, and SK, among a plethora of other legends. Most mobile games get boring to me really quickly, but CC is one I come back to time and again. Currently, I'm saving up shards to buy an Atlanticore to stick in the new hero totem.




UNDERTALE

Scenic locales!

I just started Undertale a couple of days ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. The detail and care put into it is just astonishing to me. I love strange little RPG Maker games, and Undertale really puts me in mind of some of the best, such as Yume Nikki and OFF (note: I am, of course, aware that Undertale itself was made using Game Maker Studio). I could write a thirty-paragraph thinkpiece on Undertale right here, but not a lot can be said about this game that hasn't been said already. There's no way I can heap enough praise on this game, so I won't even try :) If anyone out there hasn't played Undertale yet - seriously, go do it. It lives up to the hype, and that's saying something.



So there's what I'm playing for the time being. I would like to start writing more about games I play, rather than just ones I make, so maybe expect to see more entries like this from time to time, dev permitting :)



See you in approximately seven days!

No comments:

Post a Comment